the stuffed collective

a collective of plush toys artists and illustrators

My Photo
Name:
Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I make stuff, I draw stuff, sometimes I make stuffed stuff which I then stuff with stuff

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

in the beginning there was no stuff




this is where it all began. me in an abandoned cafe, checking out the state of what was to be the exhibition stuffed....as you can see the space is pretty damn ugly....originally we wanted to pull up the carpet and paint the whole back area white and install white toys in a kind of sterilisation room, but when we found the carpet glued to the concrete this idea got shifted around a bit.
at this stage there were no benches in the space, no lighting, no electricity and no water.....oh and no paint....all the artists hadnt been found yet and the budget was $1000....

1 Comments:

Blogger Hobo Divine said...

Actually that is quite true... in the beginning there was absolutely no stuff at all!

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home